EMERGENCY ROOM NEGLIGENCE
Were You Injured as a Result of Emergency Room Negligence?
Were you or a loved one harmed because of negligence by emergency room personnel in Missouri or Illinois? Did you put your faith and trust in a hospital and assumed they would do what was best for you and take care of you? Do any of the following emergency room error scenarios sound similar to what happened in your case? If so, contact us to schedule a free consultation with an attorney and preliminary case analysis.
- You were turned away because you did not demonstrate an ability to pay
- You presented yourself with a life-threatening condition and were not given timely treatment or appropriate priority
- Symptoms of serious illness or a medical condition such as meningitis, infection, stroke or impending heart attack were ignored, dismissed or minimized by doctors. Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis led to serious harm
- You were sent home before the results of all tests were available and you were never notified of a serious problem requiring immediate follow up
- You were sent home with minimal medical treatment and shortly thereafter suffered a serious medical emergency such as a stroke, heart attack or infection
- You were given a drug overdose, or the wrong medication, with disastrous results
- A life-threatening medical condition went undiagnosed despite the symptoms
- You were turned away while in labor, and your baby subsequently suffered a birth injury or stillbirth
Devereaux, Stokes, Fernandez & Leonard, P.C., in St. Louis, has ample experience handling medical malpractice cases in Missouri and Illinois, including emergency room errors and negligence. A detailed investigation of your emergency room error, injury or death may uncover explanations such as the following:
- Your X-ray, CT scan image or MRI image may have been misread by a health care professional who was actually located in another city, state or country
- The attending physician in the ER may have failed to evaluate test results or communicate findings to you after you have left the emergency room
- All of your symptoms pointed to an urgent medical situation that needed medical treatment but you were discharged and sent home
We welcome the opportunity to evaluate your case and make preliminary recommendations in a no-obligation initial consultation. Call or e-mail the law firm to schedule a meeting with one of our trial lawyers.
Experience · Integrity · Results · Call 314-433-9131
Whether you were sickened, were injured, or lost a loved one in an emergency room incident, contact a trial lawyer at the St. Louis law firm of Devereaux, Stokes, Fernandez & Leonard. We offer free initial consultations in our office, in your hospital or elsewhere. There is no obligation when you tell your story to one of our medical malpractice lawyers. We handle emergency room negligence cases on a contingency basis. Se habla español.