NURSING HOME ABUSE & NEGLECT
Was Nursing Home Neglect a Factor in Your Loved One’s Injury or Death?
When you entrusted your husband, wife, father, mother or other close family member to the care of licensed nursing home in Missouri or Illinois, you did so expecting that accepted standards of care would be followed. You expected your family member’s health and well-being to be guarded, protected and supported through proper care. Nursing home abuse is a direct betrayal of the trust put into the facility.
If your family member suffered serious harm or died while in a long-term care facility and you suspect that proper care was not delivered, you are urged to talk to a lawyer with experience handling nursing home abuse and neglect cases. Contact us at Devereaux, Stokes, Fernandez & Leonard, P.C., in St. Louis, if any of the following are true:
- Did your loved one become seriously ill or die as a result of infections caused by bedsores?
- Did your loved one spiral downhill quickly — yet evaluation and treatment was inexplicably delayed?
- Did your loved one suffer illness or injury as a result of a medication error?
- Did your husband, wife, mother or father fall during a transfer from bed to wheelchair or under other circumstances, resulting in broken bones or a closed head injury?
- Did your loved one suffer a hypoxic brain injury as a result of choking while eating without adequate supervision or monitoring?
- Did your loved one’s illness result from failure to prevent, monitor or treated decubitus ulcers.
- Did your loved one die because his or her liquid intake was not monitored, and as a result, he or she suffered dehydration?
For more information, visit the website of the National Center on Elderly Abuse. There you can find Nursing Home and Abuse Risk Prevention Profile and Checklist among many other informative resources.
The trial attorneys at Devereaux, Stokes, Fernandez & Leonard, P.C. have extensive experience representing people who have been seriously harmed or lost loved ones because of a nursing home’s neglect. We have valuable information to offer you if your family member suffered illness, injury or death in a nursing home under questionable circumstances.
Experience · Integrity · Results · Call 314-433-9131
Allow us to listen to your story and offer free initial advice at a no-obligation consultation in our office or wherever it is convenient for you to talk to us. Contact our law firm by phone or e-mail.