Attorneys Helping Paralysis Victims
The Missouri and Illinois personal injury lawyers at Devereaux, Stokes, Fernandez & Leonard, P.C. go to battle in the legal realm on behalf of catastrophically injured accident victims who must live with paralysis, whether temporary or permanent — including cases of paraplegia or quadriplegia.
Our 30 years of experience have given us knowledge and skills to advocate on behalf of paralysis victims. We also bring in other professionals to help us recover the compensation that our clients deserve. Life care planners lend professional expertise to identify all of the lifelong needs of the client as we prepare to present a claim for compensation for someone who has suffered partial or total paralysis.
In addition to the emotional losses and logistical challenges, a paralyzed person and his or her caregivers face a great many health-related difficulties and costly adaptations:
- Care and home adaptations such as widened doorways, wheel chair ramps going in and out of the house, lowered countertops, grab bars in bathrooms
- A motorized wheel chair is likely to need replacing every 5-10 years.
- An adapted van that can accommodate a wheel chair — perhaps in the driver’s seat area — is a costly item that will require maintenance and repair, and periodic replacement as well.
- The person confined to the wheel chair will have care requirements that take into account bladder and bowel incontinence.
- Care must be taken to prevent bedsores and urinary tract infections.
- Psychiatric health should not be neglected if the person suffers from depression or anxiety.
According to the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation, there are nearly 1 out of 50 living with paralysis — approximately 6 million people. It means we all know someone living with paralysis. Click here for more facts and figures.
Experience · Integrity · Results · Call 314-433-9131
Whether the accident victim’s paralysis is partial or total, temporary or permanent, contact a trial lawyer at the St. Louis law firm of Devereaux, Stokes, Fernandez & Leonard to schedule a free consultation. Learn how we can help you pursue full compensation.