A building or property owner has the legal responsibility to maintain safe conditions on a property. When the owner does not do so and a serious injury happens, the accident victim can claim compensation for financial losses and pain and suffering.
What type of accidents fall under premises liability cases?
If you have been involved in any of the following, our firm can help you.
- Faulty railings or stairs
- Broken asphalt or concrete
- Negligent or inadequate security
- Poor lighting
- Defective handrails and architectural fixtures
- Construction debris in buildings
- Lack of smoke or carbon monoxide detectors
- Dram shop cases or the over-serving of alcohol to a visibly intoxicated individual who then harms someone else
Read about a $3 million settlement we obtained.
What can a premises liability lawyer do for you?
Our lawyers are dedicated to helping accident victims get the medical care and compensation they deserve. We are experienced advocates who work with determination to help our clients get full and complete compensation for their losses.
What should you do after a premises liability accident?
After an accident, evidence about the dangerous conditions can begin to disappear quickly. If you have suffered an injury due to the negligence of a property owner, you need to take action now to protect your ability to obtain compensation. The insurance company may try to place the blame on you for the fall, so it’s important to document the scene and preserve the evidence.
You should take the following steps in order for our lawyers to prepare the best possible case:
- Report the accident to the building owner or store manager
- If possible, document the scene with photos
- Get the names of witnesses who saw what happened
- Look to see if there are any security cameras that captured the incident
- Obtain medical care and follow the instructions of your doctor
- Get the names and phone numbers of any witnesses. Write down your recollection of the accident and its effects on your life
- Call our firm as soon as possible
Our lawyers will work diligently to build a strong and successful case for you. If you have suffered serious injuries, we will place a priority on helping you obtain the medical care and service you need to recover to the fullest extent possible. We will also seek full compensation for lost wages, other financial losses, and your pain and suffering.
Get started building your case today
For a free consultation with a St. Louis premises liability attorney, contact our firm.